Think positive! Say a positive affirmation! While that is fine and dandy, they don’t really work. One thing, I do still post positive messages and such. They work to draw in people. And for some, they do work. That’s only because they are already positive and this simply enhances how they already feel. For the rest of society, it just ain’t going to do much.
I remember a friend from the past who wanting to be successful and yet, his internal programming stopped him from moving forward. Even the process of goal-setting didn’t work. And positive thinking? That absolutely didn’t work. His beliefs about himself and what he could accomplish was very negative. That was simply his subconscious programming. He could have been told many times as a child that he was worthless (or something similar). The actions he took were disregarded. And when he failed, he was told by those closest to him that was what they expected.
The successful person who fails will simply look at that as feedback on what didn’t work. The negative based person will look at failure as simply another reason why they aren’t worthy.
In order to move forward and have positive thinking work for you, your subconscious mind needs some retooling. A new file installed to replace the negative ones is in order. There are many ways to accomplish this. With many of my clients I use a combination of hypnosis and action-oriented coaching. The hypnosis starts the process of inducing a file in one’s subconscious mind and the coaching helps the person to affirm that file by taking immediate action.
Here are some things you can do that can help:
- Keep a journal and write down the positive things you’ve accomplished during the day.
- Surround yourself with positive and successful people.
- Read more.
- Stop listening to the negative media.
- Drop the negative people in your life and find supportive ones.
- Reframe failure. Think of it as feedback that helps you to understand what doesn’t work and what does work. This is the way of great inventors as well. Life is all about feedback so we can learn. Embrace it. Give yourself points when you find the wisdom in each of your failures.
- Write down in your journal the action you’re planning on taking the next day.
- At the beginning of your journal, write down your dreams and goals.
- Find a coach/hypnotist who can help you work on reprogramming your subconscious and hold you accountable for the actions you take.
I wish you much success. Embrace failure and learn from it. When you are able to understand that part of your life and how thinking positively helps, the start thinking that way.
America’s #1 Mind-Body Transformation Expert and author of Mind Your Own Fitness